By Tamika Whitenack I am about halfway through orientation! Today is Day 4, and I am feeling pretty okay. Orientation has been somewhat busy, full of move-in and meeting people, learning my way around campus, lots of information sessions, and the daunting task of figuring out a class schedule that works! At the end of each day, I’m tired and ready to sleep in my new bed, but for some reason my body still seems to like waking up early...so it goes. This early awakening may partially be a result of the sunlight through our windows, but it gets rather warm on the fourth floor of Raymond so my roommate and I like to keep our windows open. Weather at Vassar the first two days was sweaty and hot, but it has since shifted to milder temperatures and I’m quite enjoying it. We also had a loud and bright thunderstorm one night, and the bursts of lightning were quite exciting to my roommate and I. lightning!! My roommate does have a name, her name is Talia. She is from Belling...
It really is! I loved all of Shel Silverstein's stuff when I was a kid
ReplyDeletestill got nothing on Milne tho
Speaking of which: I literally just found out they're making a movie about A.A. Milne which I will most definitely go see in theaters
DeleteWinne the Pooh is still on my to-read list, it will be a winter break endeavor :)
ReplyDelete